Many in the aging services professions are aware of the power of music in healing and particularly with dementia and AlzheimerÛªs patients. Many Alzheimer’s patients can remember and sing songs even in advanced stages, long after they’ve stopped recognizing names and faces. Dementia care homes often use music as recreation, since it brings patients pleasure. There’s growing evidence that listening to music can also help stimulate seemingly lost memories and even help maintain some cognitive functioning. In an AlzheimerÛªs Association newsletter, John Carpenter, founder of the world-renowned Rebecca Center for Music Therapy in New York, shared that music helps stimulate communication and memory skills. Listening to live music and being involved in live music-making experiences empowers people to emerge from the isolation imposed by Alzheimer’s disease and dementia or simply from loneliness. Yet there are settings where it is hard to bring live music into such as to home health or hospice at home clients. At least that was until now.
I am extremely proud to offer live streaming concerts over the Internet that can be viewed on smart TVs, computers, and mobile devices.
- A home health or hospice company identifies people that could benefit from their very own one-on-one customized concert from Anthony. Likewise, a family caregiver, child or grandchild can gift a concert to a loved one.
- Having given thousands of live performances in senior centers, skilled nursing, assisted living and independent living, I have a huge repertoire of songs to choose from and know how to engage seniors.
- Working with the person or their family, you provide an idea of the types of music or specific songs that this person would like to hear. Concerts are 30 minutes long so about 10 songs.
- When ready, go to: https://doodle.com/anthonycirilloconcerts. Select two 30-minute date and time options.When completing the description, tell Anthony who the concert is for, a little bit about the person, and the songs styles or specific songs you would like to hear.
- Anthony will schedule the concert on a cool new music platform. You will receive a confirmation with further instructions.
Interactivity During the concert there is a chat room where you can converse with Anthony. Perhaps your loved one or client wants to ask him a question or make a request. Likewise you might share something with Anthony about your loved one or client that he can then reference. The customization and two-way interaction make this a great platform to spread joy. Way to Involve the Community and Foster Intergenerational Bonds A staff member does not necessarily need to be the person viewing the concert with a client. Work with local schools and have students adopt home-bound elders. They can visit for an hour, watch the concert, and then talk about it. And tech-smart students will have no issues managing the platform or the technology issues. Key Marketing Strategy One of the best ways to spread positive word of mouth and generate referrals is to give something away. These concerts are an ideal venue for just that. You will be providing clients and their families an invaluable, thoughtful and customized experience that they will tell others about. And what a great gift for a parent or grandparent, one in which you can participate in directly. Just ask Tom Simms, RN, CHPN, Hospice and Eldercare Consultant, ÛÏWho doesnÛªt like to get something for nothing? Giving away goods or services to promote a brand and to boost sales of related products or features is a proven strategy which has been wildly successful in attracting new customers and encouraging customer loyalty for those who employ this marketing method. The Û÷Concert At HomeÛª concept brings much needed service to a very special customer base.Û
Ready? Go here and follow Anthony. Go here and pick your dates. Go here if you want to hear a sample of AnthonyÛªs singing. Want to speak with Anthony about this directly. Contact him.