Live Well With Dementia – 10 Steps – Bupa, the largest international provider of specialist dementia care, and AlzheimerÛªs Disease International, the only international federation of Alzheimer associations, collaborated to create a booklet entitled ÛÏI Can Live Well with Dementia.Û Ten principles are described:
- I should have access to a doctor to check if I have dementia.
- I should have access to information about dementia so I know how it will affect me.
- I should be helped to live independently for as long as I can.
- I should have a say in the care and support that I am given.
- I should have access to high quality care thatÛªs right for me.
- I should be treated as an individual, with those looking after me knowing about my life.
- I should be respected for who I am.
- I should have access to medicine and treatment that helps me.
- My end of life wishes should be discussed with me while I can still make decisions.
- I want my family and friends to have fond memories of me.
The Charter has been endorsed by people living with dementia around the world. Read more here.